Federation of Resident Doctors Association (FORDA) was called for an urgent meeting by Union Health Minister J.P. Nadda at his residence on Saturday.
According to National President of FORDA Dr.Pankaj Solanki the conversation started on a positive note after brief introduction.
There was interest taken by Minister Nadda to know about the reason behind the strike of doctors. The delegation of doctors briefed Health Minister about their demands and urged him to look on this matter on serious note.
The team FORDA shared about the discriminatory 7th CPC recommendations. The Minister assured us to look into the matter.
“ We did remind HM about the Javed A Chowdhury committee (whose recommendations were accepted with applause and implemented soon except 30%NPA)” said Dr.Solanki.
There were other main points of matter discussed and shared with Hon’ble Mnister J.P.Nadda.
• IMS (Indian Medical Services) and was surprised to know that it had been discontinued by Government only.
• The Minister was also informed about that how more than 25% of Jobs are lying vacant and the reasons behind those.
• UPSC never releases a waiting list and despite vacancies/jobs, Doctor’s are not made to join.
• Less number of PG seats were discussed, which the HM has asked us about the possible solutions.
• Also asked for a single point of contact between FORDA and the HM.
Hazard pay, Learning resources allowance , Night shift allowance ,Extra duty allowance are such other demands which informed to Minister.
Minister Nadda has asked to send him personally all the demands and he will discussed it further.